Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Stereotyping

Good Evening Loves,

I want to talk about something a little more serious today and that is stereotyping. Stereotyping is a HUGE issue in today's generation and I think it is truly ridiculous. I have been stereotyped my whole life... This is something that someone has actually said to me before. 

Me: Oh, hey you guys (as you can see I was totally chill)
Ignorant Person: Ohhhh, what are you doing here? You can't hang out with us because you are light skin! 
Ignorant Person 2: Yeah, aren't you supposed to be pregnant or something? 

When I was told this I was in complete and udder shock at how this group of kids at my school could say this to me. Lets just say I don't roll with them anymore. 

There are a whole bunch of stereotypes for people out there:
Black people: Likes chicken, watermelon, can't swim, SUPER GHETTO, unintelligent, loves to clean up. 

White People: the dumb blond, have no rhythm, flat butts, emo, suicidal, etc. 

Gays: very sassy, camp type, are pedophiles, like random one night stands, etc 

and the list goes on...

It is heartbreaking when people fuel the hate against people and do the stereotyping. Personally for me I ABSOLUTELY HATE fried chicken, and watermelon, and kook-aid. I hate it when people make these dumb and not to mention hurtful "jokes" and comments about people they don't even know. 

UGGGHHHH!! It just pisses me off, you know? 

Well anyway thanks for letting me vent to you guys and get this off my chest...


DISCLAIMER:
*All the stereotypes listed are from things I have heard people say and the internet. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't like when that happens either. By the way would you mind looking at my blog http://higherabode.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete